A Vector branch manager is an independent business owner who is personally responsible for the administrative and financial operations of his/her business. Branch managers have been prepared and trained over a minimum period of one year and have the rare opportunity of learning about a broad range of business management and sales management concepts. At a minimum, a branch manager will develop an understanding of the following concepts of the course of a four-month period running a Vector sales operation:
- Introduction to and practice with the concepts of demographic and territorial analysis and site location issues.
- Mastery of and practice with the concepts of budgeting, preparing a business plan, and sales and staffing forecasting.
- Mastery of and practice with the techniques of building business relationships with local merchants, including applications for bank accounts and credit lines, and negotiating lease and rental agreements for office space and furniture.
- Mastery of and practice with the elementary concepts of conflict resolution and customer service.
- Mastery and practice with advertising analysis and the assessment and comparison of how different advertising approaches meet the advertising goals of a business.
- Mastery of and practice with specific human resource management techniques including performance assessment and critique, as well as the application of coaching and motivational concepts.
- Mastery of and practice with professional communication skills including persuasion, negotiation, motivation, and critique, while maintaining a standard of professionalism and personal sales that sets a leadership example for the sales staff.
- Mastery of and practice with concepts of human resource management including candidate screening, interviewing, job description, and adherence to corporate policy in these areas.
- Mastery of and practice with the concepts of public speaking, including speechcrafting, delivery styles, and audience management.
- Introduction to and significant practice in developing training materials, delivering training programs, public speaking and classroom management techniques.
- Mastery of and practice with concepts of sales management, supervision, and development.